Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Proud Moment

Hi all, I just wanted to share with you a LO that I did last night. Everything seem to come together really easily. "Of course" the paper is Basic Grey-Marrakech, the alphas and journalling card are from Creative Cafe and "of course" there is some Craft Queen ribbon . I used the Graphically Speaking cartridge from the Cricut to cut out the trophy and frame and that's it. My biggest dilemma at the moment is to think what to get for dinner. I always remember my mum saying "that cooking is the easy part, thinking of what to cook is the hard part." Yeah right I thought at 17. Now 20+ years later I know exactly what she meant.
The holidays are coming up and I plan to get reacquainted with my sewing machine as its brand new (although I think that its nearly 3 yo) I have probably only used it about ten times, which means reading the manual all over again.
I also plan to bake lots, like biscuits (do you know that most biscuits freeze well) and Arancini and crumb a ton of cutlets-the Italian way of course. Actually all of these things freeze really well so it's time to restock the freezer. Does any one have any yummy recipes that can be made and frozen to share?
So a real homey type holiday is planned for me...lets see what happens.
Love to you all
Linda

6 comments :

suzitee said...

Sounds like the perfect type of holiday to me! I have a very easy Choc cherry slice that I freeze...tastes really good frozen too LOL.
Love your Marrrakesh LO...haven't used any of these yet, but love what you've done with them. Great colours! Not long till the holidays now ...xxx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I love my crock pot in cooler weather - you can toss all the ingredients in and let it simmer all day while you sew. Left overs freeze well and also make great pie fillings (I have a pie machine that makes the pies like they have at Jesters!)

Tomorrow's Memories said...

Thanks so much for the congrats message. I had such a great time and winning the award was just the icing. I guess I am officially a card maker LOL.
Well you know you won't be getting any recipes from me ha ha ha. But anytime you have some to share I am up for a cuppa hint hint wink wink.
I must say I am hanging out for the holidays as well.
Hope to see you soon. Love me :-)

Jenni said...

OoH! What are you planning on sewing. Can I come and play too?

Tracey Holdyk said...

Just wanted to say Happy Happy Easter, enjoy the holidays and have a relaxing time. Hope we can catch up on the hols. Love me :-)

Cassie said...

great layout! i love the flowers and how you framed the lower picture to highlight the one boy - i'm guessing one of your sons?

i wanted to let you know that the cuttlebug spa event is a virtual event so to speak. we'll be starting with a blog hop and then posting projects and tutorials throughout the weekend. i hope you'll be able to join in = even if just a little!

as for recipes - not really sure. i'm not a big cook!