Sunday, March 13, 2011

In A Week

Hi there, just thought i would share with you what has been keeping me busy this last week (apart from the normal work, and housework that is)

Yesterday we went to a wedding, and very nice it was too. Here is the card and the extra big envelope i made.
The papers, ribbon and ink are Stampin Up and that cute cute cute doily is cut out with a die from the new Papertrey Ink release. "yum yum yum i love this"

next up we have more from my hybrid class "Mouse paper Scissors" have i told you how much i am enjoying this online class? This is a lay out that is paper but most of the paper and elements were made in photoshop and printed out.

Sorry i normally crop all of my photos before i put them on my blog but hey i couldn't be bothered today, you get them as is. In our kit we were given the blue paper and the black background paper and the tissue paper the rest was printed on the PC.

Now if you remember after Christmas Susan, Tracey and I made a table runner (i made a mistake as i do on everything that i make be it paper or fabric-i think i will make mistakes on purpose now b/c it just wouldn't be mine if it was perfect, any way i digress) with my mistake i made these four mug mats.
See sometimes its worth making mistakes.
here's a close up as i am trying to perfect my stippling. (ha like that will ever happen)

Now the last thing to occupy me during the week and i might add that it only took me one night was another project from my hybrid class
oh i love this
we are meant to give it away
but can i part with it
i don't think so
have i kept you in suspense long enough
no
OK
i will ramble some more
OK no i wont
here it is




A kind of envelope mini album. Once again we downloaded templates for the envelopes and cut them out of paper we had printed from the PC, so the actual items that we received in our kit were the hard plastic covers the pink crete paper and a vellum envelope.
Aren't the colours just divine?

OK that sure was a busy crafty week, here's to another one and i cant wait for my next online lesson.

On another note if you have friends or family in Japan my thoughts are with you.

Take care
xxxxxx
Linda

11 comments :

Tiff said...

Wow Linda! You have been so busy. I love the sound of the online classes. That mini envelope album is gorgeous and those colours are fantastic! I can't believe that patchwork! I have never had the patience and I admire it so much!
PS ... SL is the dreaded Spotlight... our local SL is about the only place for supplies... hence I shop on the internet a lot. All the scrapbooking shops here close down after a short while it is so sad. Gold Coast people must have things to do other than craft! Now isn't that odd?!
Have a great week! X

Tammy said...

Oh Those doily dies are on my wish list! are you ordering in a group for PTI or independently? I have my eye on a few bits and bobs from this release too.

Tracey said...

I love all your creations this week Linda....you sure have been busy! So where do I start...How cool is that doily, quilting - well I wish I could do it, just beautiful. And that mini album, just fabulous, love the colours. What hybrid class is that? Look forward to seeing what yu get up to this week.

suzitee said...

What a very productive week! Love love love the mug mats...I knew you'd find a clever use for those bits :) The doily die is gorgeous, and you did a great job with the card and envelope! Here's to another busy crafty week for you (and me, too...that would be great!)

Norma said...

Hi Linda, WOW you sure have been busy!! I just LOVE LOVE your projects:) First, the mini album is just fabulous and the hybrid LO love it:) Thank you for sharing your fabulous creations with us!! Have a fabulous day!!
Hugs

ania said...

Wow, a lot of projects. Card and envelope - gorgeous, so elegant!! I love brown and light blue toogether.

Rumi said...

You have been busy! I adore your runner and mats! I think they turned out lovely and I think you are the only one who can see mistakes!

Your mini album and the other projects are fabulous as always!

THEBUZYBUG said...

Beautiful!!! TFS. Come and visit me on my blog for some Blog Candy!! It ends tomorrow!! Bug Hugs :D

Tracey Holdyk said...

Sorry I haven't commented sooner our computer has been a bit off. Love the stuff you have been creating.
Can't wait to catch up next Friday
Love me :-)

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

I'm glad you got to sneak a wedding into your week of crafting. The card and envelope are just gorgeous and I'm sure they will be treasured in the years to come when they look back. I love looking through my cards every now & then when I head to that drawer for something :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your table runner and mug mats are great. Love the pinwheels againt the striking green background. Wonderful paper projects too!