Sunday, June 20, 2010

Very tired

Well hello there.
It sure has been a busy week with Joe's birthday on Tuesday and the first of Caitlin's 18Th parties last night. I will post those pictures tomorrow.
This is what has kept me busy craft wise this week. My first attempt at following a crochet pattern. This pattern is free from here and gosh was it easy and quick to make. Two nights although the wool cost me a fortune. I love it. Sorry the photo didn't come out that great and you cant see my beautiful big black vintage button courtesy of my MIL. Here is another look although not a great one. Asked Andrew to take a photo of me wearing it but alas photographer he is not so this is the best i can do. (i am all dolled up here ready to leave for Caitlin's dinner/party).
Here is the card that i made for Joe's birthday. I find it hard to do boys card and as i had left it to the last minute this is what i came up with. I used my Cri-Kuts Pens. (pens that you can draw with on the cricut machine). I then had problems trying to get the correct size to cut the numbers out so i had to do it by hand. But now i know how to do it perfectly as i asked the lovely Tereesa for help.


I don't feel very much like scrapping or card making at the moment maybe that's because i am working on crocheting Joe a Granny Stripe blanket for his bed. The pattern for this comes from this great blog Attic 24. I recommend that you go and have a read. Lucy's post are so wonderful, her photography is breath taking, her crochet is bright and cheerful and you can follow her on her Connievan makeover.
Ok i am going to go and make sure that i am up to date with all of your posts and have an early night.
xx

8 comments :

Tammy said...

Oh Linda your shrug is totally gorgeous!! Good on you it looks lovely on too
Well the bit I can see of it ; )

Tori said...

Wow Linda the little shrug is so cute!! And the card is great perfect for BOYS!! Really nice Linda great job!!!

Tori xx

Ps:Linda Thankyou so much for all your lovely comments on my blog they are sooooooooooooooooo nice!!! Thankyou so much!!!!

Unknown said...

You are truly a master crafter! You can do anything! I'm awed by all the gifts you have made for your friends and family, and your family's friends! Everybody you know will always have something that you made for them, and will always think of you fondly when they look at it. That's so cool!

Tereesa C said...

Linda, Your shrug is awesome - well done - it looks great on you. Joe's card, too, is perfect. Perfect colours for a male, and I love the cuttlebug background. Looking forward to seeing your next creation. Luv, T.

Tracey Holdyk said...

OMG I love the shrug. After my blanket I think I should give it a go. I just love the photo you took of yourself, its cool and funky and girl you are looking way good.
love me :-)

Jenni said...

Loving that shrug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suzitee said...

OH wow...look at that photo! You are looking wonderful, and your shrug is awesome. Can't wait to hear all the details about Caitlin's party...and wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow for me :)

Shelley said...

Wow love the Shrug and you look so different in the photo you go girl and I am going to have a go with my new pens to cant wait may have to ring Tracey and Tereesa to. The card looks great