Sunday, June 27, 2010

As Promised

Here is a photo of my stripey goodness. Oh i just love it and i love sitting at night and crocheting at the moment as its so cold and it keeps me warm. I am making a double bed sized blanket for Joe. This is a free pattern from Lucy at Attic 24 and so easy to do once you get started. Below i have been playing with some of my new craft toys. Tim Holts Tattered Flowers Dies, i got 5 petals and inked them, then spritzed them with perfect pearls, then scrunched them up and this is the result. Gorgeous. They would look great on top of a box.
One of my other toys was a stamp set from PaperTrey Ink. This set is called friends Til The End. I coloured the flower with my Copics, all of the other supplies are from Stampin Up.

Joe is making us Japanese Potato salad tonight (if he ever gets of the XBox) have you ever had it, divine...unfortunately i cant have carbs so i am going to search the web and see if i can find a recipe for a simple salad that we have when we get Japanese it only has cabbage, avocado, cucumber and tomato and this AMAZING dressing. Does anyone know what i am talking about or better yet have a recipe? BTW Joe was taught his salad by the head chef at one of the restaurants in the Burswood last Tuesday he made it especially for Joe as he knows that Joe likes Japanese food.
its cold here and that is making me very hungry.
xx


10 comments :

Janellybelly said...

Joe's crocheted blanket is fantastic, I love the colours you've used. I like the sound of Japanese potato salad - Mmmm.

suzitee said...

Oh that rug is DIVINE!!!! Love everything about it...you'll be finished in no time at the rate you're going!
Your cards are awesome too...you've had a productive weekend!

Tracey said...

I'm a fan of Tim Holtz....Love the flower Linda. I had a spend up on all his stuff at the scrapbook expo. And I wish I could crochet. Tereesa did say she would give me lessons one day. The rug is just great!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

It is perfect crochet weather! Joe's blanket is looking great.

I love Japanese food too - hope you managed to track down the recipe you were looking for.

Unknown said...

I would like the recipe for the salad when you find it. It sounds unusual and would be a nice change from the salads I always make. Your crocheting is flawless. I've tried that before, and it's not as easy as you make it look!

Tereesa C said...

I absolutely love your Tim Holtz flower - gorgeous. Keep crocheting, it will keep you warm - I have a blanket in my cupboard waiting to be finished as well - wouldn't it be fun to sit, crochet, and chat together. Maybe one day.

Kris said...

Look how amazing your rug is. You have done so much. Those colours are so masculine and very striking!
Great job.

Rumi said...

Lucky Joe! His blanket is turning out great! It will come in handy in the cold days ahead.

Mel Goodsell said...

Linda!! It's totally beautiful :))) I love it and you've done so much.
I've had a week long migraine last week so didn't do any of mine, which was really sad. I'm going to my friend's house tomorrow though and taking my blanket to work on :)
Melx

Tracey Holdyk said...

This is just divine, I have seen and it looks so good. Those cards are good too, they look even better in real life.
Keep warm
love me :-)