Sunday, July 10, 2011

Quilting,cards & LO's

oops that should be a LO as i have only done one.
Hello all and happy Sunday, its a wee bit cccold over here in my part of the world, whats it like in your part?

I have finally caught up with my Caravan quilt and completed June's blocks, now i can start on July's and seeing as its school holidays over here which means i am on holidays maybe i can get ahead.
Anyway here they are
yes this one was very simple, the top animal is apparently meant to be a bird-i cant see it- looks more like a sheep to me with funny ears.
here's the next one

Picking Blackberries i believe it was called.
here's a close up of my french knots
and here is a really bad photo of a LO i completed last night, sorry its a bit blurry and on a funny angle

I used a template/sketch from my Big Picture class-what a great class, and i got to incorporate some of my Ali Edwards stamps. The pink holey edge paper was cut with the cricut.

and because i like to  use the left over scraps, a card, inspired by Christina (link in sidebar)

This uses Papertrey Ink's dies and stamps.

Well thats it for my crafty Sunday, everyone is out at the moment so i have the house to myself.
ummmmmmmm what shall i do?
xxx

6 comments :

suzitee said...

Go LINDA! Your June blocks are done, and looking fabulous! Every time I see them, I wish that I had used Sweetwater fabrics...sigh :) I'm a tad behind too, but am hoping to catch up soon. It is freezing here today...can't seem to warm up at all. Your papercrafting is lovely...maybe keep going with that this chilly afternoon...with the heater on!

Tiff said...

I am in awe of you neat stitches and French knots! Your work is beautiful! That LO is so pretty! Keep warm & enjoy you holidays! X

Tracey said...

Its fffreezing here Linda.....hate it! Your quilt looks fabulous, love all the stitching. Very pretty layout too...!

Tracey Holdyk said...

OMG freezing is an understatement. I love your blocks and I hate to say it but I am way, way behind. Hoping to do a little stitching this afternoon.
Love the card, might just have to copy that one.
Going to stand in front of the heater for a bit.
Love me :-)

Norma said...

Hi Linda, Happy Sunday to you:) OMG your quilts are always amazing!!! It's been getting cool here in California thank goodness!! Love the layout and the card it's very pretty and the background is perfect with that die:) Chat soon.
Hugs

Tori said...

Linda you quilt is awesome love the colours and cute images in each pic! Great colours too! And your layout is so pretty love those two colours! Your card is aslo very pretty love everything you make!

Tori xx