Saturday, May 16, 2009

Red Carpet Event

As you are all probably aware now from all of my posts, my local scrap store turns 5 this month and last night was their gala red carpet event. We just had to dress up in anything formal. As I wear an apron all day at work and don't really have a lot of formal clothes i got Jenni to make me a nice formal apron. I would like to point out at this stage that I am very reluctant to post these photo's of me as they aren't the best but I must parade Jenni's apron for you so ignore me and focus on the apron. (Oh the mark on the bottom of the apron in the second photo is a mark on the camera lens not the apron) It had sequins and nice frills at the bottom and beading and more frills at the top. Now all you animals lovers out there I am really sorry but this is a real mink,sable or whatever, my mother in law gave it to Caitlin thinking I don't know what!!!!! Caitlin will never wear it and it is politically incorrect to wear one these days and although the colour didn't go I wore it as it was "anything goes."
There were a lot of great outfits and some great jewellery that ladies had made out of paper and beads and a good night was had by all. On a sad note it was Tracey's last night working there but don't fret Tracey is still teaching some classes and for those of you that didn't know Tracey won a national award earlier this year for her card making.
Now to all of those lucky people that went to the quilt fair I would love to hear from you and find out all that I have missed this year.
Take care
Linda


3 comments :

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your formal apron - very swish indeed! The Tiara was also a lovely touch - sounds like you had a ball!

Went the the craft and Quilt show yesterday - it was fantastic as always. Very inspiring to see lots of new products and supplies. Bought way too much - can't wait to put it all to good use! You will have to make up next year :)

suzitee said...

Don't you look fantastic! The apron is perfect, and the tiara and stole top it off beautifully...hope you had a great night.
Lovely to see a blog post from you...I've missed you this week!
The Craft Show was great...we will book you in for next year. I think I may have seen it from a different perspective, having Lydia with me made me see things through fresh eyes :) and I only bought one piece of fabric!!!!!(and that was for Lydia LOL)
Chat soon xxx

Jenni said...

Glad you had some fun on Friday night with your fancy-pants apron!!! I too wish I could have been able to go the the fair.....netball, soccer and visitors got in the way! Drats!!!