Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Banana Bread & Project Life

Well what do the above two have in common? Absolutely nothing, but i made some banana bread on Sunday with i recipe i got online (and can you believe i have lost it) and oh boy it was seriously yum. We aren't big cake eaters here and i can make a cake and then four days later i end up throwing half of it out. Not this bread, it was made and eaten all on the same day. The addition of maple syrup flavoured butter might have helped also.
Here is my project Life for week 5. I have had fun making my own journal and header cards using lots of supplies from my stash and lots of October Afternoon papers.
the LHS

The highlight of the week was Joe meeting Buddy Valastro and as Buddy had about twenty minutes to spare he was gracious enough to spend it with Joe asking questions and watching MY boy cook. (proud mama).
RHS
I purchased some more washi tape during the week and had fun covering my hearts with it (this tip came from Nichol Mcgouirk ) The four of us went out to lunch and had a fun time. I love my kids we all love our kids, but if possible i think i love them even more at this age 17 and 19, it just great hanging out with them.

and i tried a new technique that i learnt from watching "stamp TV" on You Tube
easy and fun.
Thanks for looking and still following with my erratic posting.
xx
Oh and Happy Valentines too you all. My flowers/card and chocolates seem to have got lost again...that's about three years in a row now.
xx

7 comments :

Tiff said...

Happy Valentines Day! Those pics and pages look fab! You are recording some great memories there! My kids were just saying today I haven't made bananna bread in ages... you have inspired me to get cooking! X

Tracey said...

Looking great Linda.......I'd love to create a PL one day, great memories.

Tracey Holdyk said...

Okay so where is my piece of bread... Huh!
Love the PL and love your header.
Love me :-)

Norma said...

Hello my sweet friend and Happy Valentine's Day!!
I'm sorry I've been MIA from visiting you:) OMG!! what a highlight to have Joe meet Buddy!! You should be a proud mama and love the layouts with those memorable memories!! OK, OMG! I've missed so many of your gorgeous cards LOVE LOVED them all and that quilt another masterpiece my friend!! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Leena said...

I think I can do with some of your banana bread! Lol! It looks delicious! And I'm loving your Project Life Week 5 spread! The little banners on your header card looks adorable! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pages Linda! :)

Stephanie said...

That banana bread looks so delicious I can almost smell it here in the UK!! Lovely projects too :) x

~Olga said...

Cute birthday card, Linda and that bread looks yummio! ~Olga