Thursday, March 28, 2013

Project Life week 12

Hi there
When one is lying flat on their back in bed with an excruciating sore back one/namely me,is so grateful to Apple for inventing the iPad. I can read and scroll through my photos and do blog posts and lets not forget online shopping.
Anyway here is my week 12 page






Ok this bit tells you about another meal Andrew cooked, coke a cola chicken wings and potato salad. He even made his own mayo, the chicken was a bit sweet but not complaining as I didn't have to cook it.
And Joe coming home
And Joe, Simon and Deney (their TAFE lecturer) with their gold medal dessert and the blurb that was written about their dish from the event website.




Since I was about 12 I started collecting cookbooks and one recipe that I have always wanted to make was a spinach and feta pie, so last week at work we had heaps of spinach left over and I made my pie. I didn't stop there, I also made these spinach and feta filo rolls/swirls/snails. And they were divine I tell you. For savoury dishes I generally don't follow a recipe and for these I didn't either which can result in problems if people want the recipe as they did for this snack.
You can also see the great photo of Team Aus plating up their dessert for 100 people.


This top right photo is a copy of an email to Caitlin.
Here is the background,..Caitlin is doing a double degree in teaching at uni (kindy to year 7) the course will take 3 and 3/4 years. Caitlin has only the 3/4 year left and in that/this year they have to do two big teaching pracs for eight weeks each.
Caitlin applied to do her second big prac which is in August in a remote country town and this was an email to say that her application had been approved and her prac will be in Port Hedland. (For you non west Aussies, Port Hedland is in the Pilbara two full days drive north of Perth. It is a mining town and most people say that you have to live there to like it) as we have lived in PH when the kids were little I can say we loved it and this is the reason Caitlin wants to go back there. It will be really interesting to see what she thinks this time round as a 21yo because she remembers it as a 9/10 yo.
However it was the wonderful teachers she had in PH that inspired Caitlin to become a teacher.

Phew did you get all that? Suffice to say that my baby will be away from home for eight weeks in August and September.

All the papers I used this week were from Studio Calico/Sundrifter collection, and I used my new Dear Lizzie stamp.

Andrew just went to the shops and I asked him to pick up a couple of packets of little Easter eggs in particular the top deck ones, he came back empty handed no eggs left at all, then I text Caitlin please get me some from work, she text back " no all sold out" can you believe it? It's only Thursday. Oh well I would only eat them any way.

So I bid you a very happy Easter may you eat as many eggs and hot cross buns you can fit in your tummy and spend a little time remembering what Easter is all about.
Xx

Thanks for stopping by and yay if you made t o the end.
Xx
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments :

dawn said...

Hello Linda!! I'm so sorry to hear your in pain and stuck on the couch. Hope you are feeling better today!! HUGS!

WOW WOW WOW, I love this weeks page, so awesome seeing all that food and hear about the cook off, how exciting!! The photo with all the desserts lined up is my favorite. So awesome to have gotten a bronze award, YIPPEE!!

Your dish sounds yummy too Linda!!
Good luck to Catlin, how sweet this is for her. I bet she will be great!

Thanks so much for blogging this, its easier to read here then on my phone.

Take care and feel better!
Happy Easter to you and your family. Sorry you didn't get your favorite candy, hate when that happenes.

suzitee said...

I love...no REALLY love...the way you do PL. All the little details and embellishments are perfect...great job! Thank you for sharing the photos too...I know it's a hassle, but I love being able to read your pages ;)

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

I love your project life.I keep seeing them in blogline and i think i may do one next year.i cant believe they have sold out of eggs eitherthey must not be stocking as much or we are eating them to fast.Have a lovely Easter and good luck for your babys future plans-love dee xx

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Hi Linda!
I just love stopping by and seeing all your project life posts, so inspiring! I'm so, so, so far behind..it's actually daunting! I need to pick up the slack badly and I'm hoping April is the month I get caught up. Pray for me!

How is your back doing? I'm thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Okay, you take care and rest up!!